All submitted papers are subject to a strict double-blind peer-review process by at least two international reviewers that are experts in the area of the analyzed paper. The process of selecting a reviewer for the manuscripts is carried out in accordance with the principles of good publishing practices. Authors are welcome to suggest independent expert reviewers; however, whether or not to consider these reviewers is at the editor's decision. The Scientific Editor’s decision on the choice of reviewer is final. All submitted and preliminarily accepted papers are subject to a strict double-blind peer-review process by at least two international reviewers that are experts in the area of the analyzed paper. The first, preliminary answer regarding the acceptance of the manuscript for review is given to the author up to 2 weeks after submitting the article. The review process itself can take up to 4 months, while the time until publication is approximately 6 months or more (depending on the number of manuscripts awaiting publication). The factors that are taken into account in a review are as follows:
1. Compatibility with the scope of Central European Journal of Sport Sciences and Medicine
2. Elements of novelty and originality
3. Scientific and/or practical value of the article
4. Ethic requirements
5. Abstract depicting the entire article
6. Material and design of the experiments
7. Methodology and statistics
8. Credibility and importance of results
9. Presentation of data (necessary tables and figures)
10. Discussion and interpretation of results
11. Conclusions logically justified by the evidence adduced
12. Selection of up-to-date references
Of these, the main factors taken into account are significance and originality.
The possible decisions include:
Accept after minor corrections
Re-evaluate after major revision
Once the peer review process is finished, the Scientific Editor makes the final decision.
Articles that are often rejected include those that are poorly written or organized or are written in poor English. If authors are encouraged to revise and resubmit their papers, there is no guarantee that the revised submission will be accepted (the final decision is made by the Scientific Editor). Rejected articles will not be re-reviewed. Articles may be rejected without review if the Editor-in-Chief considers the article obviously not suitable for publication.