The Editorial Staff is of the opinion that ghostwriting (not revealing somebody’s contribution to the publication) and guest authorship (including as a co-author somebody who has made an insignificant contribution, if any, to the publication) are examples of academic negligence.
(see Committee of Publication Ethics [COPE])
In order to avoid such phenomena the Editorial Staff initiate the following procedures:
1. If there is more than one author, they are requested to give the amount of work each one of them has put into the publication.
2. Authors are requested to reveal the financing sources for their research, e.g. a research grant or a scientific scholarship.
3. When the Editorial Staff detect a case of ghostwriting or guest authorship, they – after analysing in detail and substantiating the case – will notify the author’s or authors’ employer(s) and their academic institution(s) about the fact.
4. Other cases of academic diligence will be revealed and substantiated as well, such as fabricating or forging data, plagiarism, etc.
5. The Editorial Staff disapprove of the following: hiding relevant data, ignoring arguments that are contrary to the thesis of the article, incomplete bibliography, publishing the same results in various places, submitting the text to different journals.
Nowa Krytyka is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal (ISSN: 0867-647X, DOI: 10.18276/nk). All journal content, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Austria License.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
I / We hereby declare* that the article entitled …….. submitted to the Journal Nowa Krytyka published by the Scientific Publishing House of the Szczecin University has been written by me/us*.
All the intellectual property rights concerning the article in question belong to the author(s)* and do not infringe any rights of any third parties. The article has not been published in any other journal and has not been part of any other agreement involving copyrights.
I/we* express my/our consent for the article in question to be placed on the website of the Journal in PDF format published with free access.
At the same time, we inform that the article has been written with a financial support** of ….. and its publication has been financed with ……
* * *
I declare that I present the results of my own research work in the article entitled …. submitted to the Journal Nowa Krytyka for publication. The article is entirely original and does not infringe any rights of third parties (natural and legal persons).
In addition, I declare that the article has not been published anywhere – irrespective of the possible publisher – and is not involved in any other publishing proceedings.